Double Shot #2317
PostgreSQL DBaaS Calculator
- How far will your dollar go with cloud database hosting?
- "An array of developers," a site collecting survey responses and looking for development wisdom. You're welcome to take the survey too!
Feature flags with TDD
- Twitter thread with some good advice.
- Rails engine to let you work with emails in the browser during development.
Technical Debt? Probably not.
- "Whoever is pushing us for more now isn’t going to turn all fairy godmother tomorrow and slack off."
- "Google Chromium, sans integration with Google."
Ruby 2.4.6 Released
- This is the final non-security 2.4.x release.
- "This is a proof-of-concept of a SmallTalk like live coding system running in the browser, based on TypeScript."
- VS Code extension featuring visual tools for frontend developers, now on Kickstarter.
Timeless Design Principles
- There don't seem to be programming languages that force you to adhere to good design principles - but it's been possible to use those same principles for decades across multiple languages.
Malicious remote code execution backdoor discovered in the popular bootstrap-sass Ruby gem
- Kind of a big deal. If you're using this gem you need to take steps to protect yourself.