-- Ridiculous excuses I've heard (about securing systems) 2/2
- We know it's the default, but the administrator can turn it off.
- If we don't run as administrator, stuff breaks.
- But we'll slip the schedule
- It's not exploitable
- But that's the way we've always done it
- If only we had better tools
by Michael Howard and David LeBlanc (c. 2001-2003)
-- Ridiculous excuses I've heard (about securing systems) 3/2
Writing Secure Code is magnificent book (highly recommended) written by Michael Howard and David circa 2001/2003.
It's almost 2020 and I still hearing all of them on a frequently basis.
A Mastodon instance for Rubyists & friends