-- Ridiculous excuses I've heard (about securing systems) 1/2
- No one will do that.
- Why would anyone do that?
- We've never been attacked.
- We're secure - we use cryptography.
- We're secure - we use ACLs.
- We've reviewed the code, and there are no security bugs.
by Michael Howard and David LeBlanc (c. 2001-2003)
-- Ridiculous excuses I've heard (about securing systems) 3/2
Writing Secure Code is magnificent book (highly recommended) written by Michael Howard and David circa 2001/2003.
It's almost 2020 and I still hearing all of them on a frequently basis.
A Mastodon instance for Rubyists & friends